3 Countries, from Livingstone to Windhoek—see Zambia, Botswana, Namibia on this whirlwind Southern Africa adventure!
Drift down the Chobe River, explore the Okavango Delta by mokoro, wildlife watch in Etosha National Park, see the towering (and famed) sand dunes in the Namib desert. Just a few of the incredible activities you do on this southern African adventure. Here’s details from Tucan Travel:
Day 1 Arrive, explore Livingstone (also called Maramba), Zambia. first on this 3-country tour.
Day 2 Kasane (town), and Chobe National Park, Botswana. You’ll see incredible wildlife (elephants, buffalo, kudu, bushback, hippo, giraffe) and do a sunset cruise on the Chobe River, among other things. You’re required to pay a tourism Levy of U$30 when entering Botswana.
Day 3 Elephant Sands. A bush lodge set on private conservancy in the northeast Botswana, is home to wildlife that roams free, especially elephants.
Days 4-5 Maun and Okavango Delta. We drive across top edge of Kalahari Desert to town of Maun, our gateway to explore the Okavango Delta, Africa’s largest freshwater wetland, which we will explore in part via mokoros (small boat similar to canoes) paddling through the delta.
Day 6 Divundu. Drive through Botswana to Namibia, cross the border at the Caprivi Strip. Drive thru Mahongo Game Reserve and maybe see zebra, giraffe, gazelle or elephants.
Days 7-8 Etosha National Park, Namibia. Etosha is one of the most memorable places you visit on this trip! A full day game drive to make the most of fantastic wildlife-spotting opportunities, including cheetah and the endangered black rhino.
Day 9 Otjiwarongo & The Cheetah Sanctuary, Namibia. Following an extended visit to The Cheetah Sanctuary (for an extra fee of about $50 CDN), you can opt for a cheetah-drive excursion to see the creatures up close.
Days 10-11 Coastal town of Swakopmund. A charming spot surrounded by desert and sweeping sand dunes which meet with the Atlantic Ocean. (It’s Namibia’s most popular holiday destination. Optional activities include (for extra fee) sunset cruise, quad-bike tour, tandem skydiving.
Day 12 Windhoek, capital of Namibia, the only city in the country which lies in valley and is surrounded by the Eros and Auas mountains.
Day 13 End of tour, depart Windhoek for home.
- Sunset game cruise on Chobe River
- Day trip to the Okavango Delta, with walking safari and mokoro ride
- Day trip to Etosha National Park, with game drive
- Visit to The Cheetah Sanctuary
- Phone: 855.566.8660
- SM: @tucantraveladventures, @TucanTravel, @tucantravel, YouTube
- Length/Departs: 13 days/multi-departs (Mar., Apr., July, Aug., Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. 2020; ask about 2021 departs)
- Accommodations: 7 night(s) in hotels, 1 night(s) in tented camps, 1 night(s) in basic huts, 3 night(s) in lodges
- Transportation: Overland truck
- Group size: approx. 4 to 29
- SALE price: 15%-50% OFF (limited time offer; prices subject to change): from $1,540 to $2,536 CDN (+$450 USD local payment)