There’s a reason Thailand remains a classic adventure-travel destination, despite its backpacker reputation. This two-week tour hits most of the country’s highlights and still leaves room to spare!
You begin in the not-to-be-missed city of Bangkok and spend time exploring the famed capital. Then travel to Kanchanaburi to see the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai and ride the Death Railway. You will take in the breathtaking waterfalls of Erawan National Park, see the temples of Ayutthaya, visit an elephant reserve, join a bike tour and enjoy lunch on a converted rice barge.
In Chiang Mai, you partake in a classic Thai cooking class, stay in a modern jungle lodge and visit a hill-tribe village—all before spending a few days on an idyllic Gulf of Thailand beach. Billed as the best of Thailand at an easy pace in comfort.
- Trek on a day trip to the caves, pagodas and marshes of Sam Roi National Park, the country’s first marine national park
- Tour across Bangkok, one of Southeast Asia’s biggest metropolises, with trips to the famed Giant Buddha statue, the Chao Phraya river, the Royal Palace and much more
- Ride out to Hellfire Pass, the notorious site of the Death Railway, immortalized by the film The Bridge on the River Kwai
- Visit an authentic Hmong hill tribe in the high jungles outside Chiang Mai, and learn about their history in the region
- Phone: 800-267-3347
- Length/Departs: 14 days / Jan.–Mar., Oct.–Dec
- Accommodation: Hotel, lodge, train
- Price: $2,625
- Difficulty: Easy