You’ll be living your best Greek island life on this sun, sea and culture-rich trip to the Greek islands of Mykonos, Ios and Santorini, as well as the country’s gob-smackingly stunning capital, Athens.
With three nights in each of Greece’s most popular spots, staying in top-quality, air-conditioned hotels, you get time to explore charming fishing villages, shops, volcanoes and spotless beaches. Plus plenty of time for sunbathing and nightlife! Here’s details, from Contiki:
Days 1 & 2 Exploring Athens. After arrival, enjoy Day 1 wandering the streets of one of the world’s great historic cities. Meet up with your group later for a get-to-know-each-other evening dinner and see Athens at night. Day 2 is another full day just to explore Athens—do a “Past & Present” walking tour that includes visiting the Acropolis and Olympic Stadium. Enjoy a traditional Athens affair in the evening via the famous Plaka area of the city.
Days 3, 4 & 5 Island of Mykonos! Even the boat ride across the Aegean Sea will have you awestruck! Spend three spectacular days exploring Mykonos—the food, the sun, the ocean, the beach, “the storybook streets”! Explore with your group, or head out on your own and tour the island at your own pace.
Days 6, 7 & 8 Island of Santorini. Head by boat to the iconic, white-painted/blue-domed island of Santorini for three whole days! Home to the famous Oia sunset, you can swim at Perissa Beach, eat the local specialty of fried tomato balls (domatokeftedes) and roam the streets of Fira. The turquoise waters of the Aegean are legendary here.
Days 9, 10 & 11 Island of Ios. More rugged and remote than Santorini and Mykonos, Ios is a place you can spend hours ocean-side, in white sand and under the iconic Greek sun! Pump up the volume with water-sports, or explore the island’s community, down a hearty meal at a local cafe. Maybe even check out the party scene of Hora! Maybe even take “a speedboat safari” for an additional fee.
Day 12 Back to Athens. After another breathtaking boat trip across the Aegean, enjoy one more day glorious day exploring this spectacular city before your trip comes to an end.
Day 13 Trip Ends. Fly out or continue on your own.
- The Aegean Sea! Gliding along crystal-clear turquoise water as you hop island to island.
- Pristine white-sand beaches, glorious Greek sun.
- Explore the cobbled streets of Mykonos town at night via a locally-guided walking tour.
- Private cruise along the southern coast of Mykonos, with swim stops and a picnic.
- See the traditional Cycladic buildings of Mykonos town.
- Contiki Trip Manager, who plans your daily itinerary, organizes food and accommodation, helps you plan/book your free time.
- Contiki’s On-Road Team: locally-based staff & network of guides that are trained and widely travelled.
- Phone: 866.532.0355
- SM: @Contiki, @contiki, YouTube
- Length/Departs: 13 days (4 places)/year-round
- Accommodation/Transport: hotels; coach shuttle, ferry
- Price: SAVE 20% NOW [must book by Feb 27/2020], from $2,480 CDN
- Difficulty: Easy