- NEPAL: Mustang and the Kingdom of Lo. In a remote and rarely-visited region in northern Nepal lies the ancient and mysterious land of the Lo and snow leapard, home to tightly held Tibetan traditions, striated by old Silk Road trade routes and shimmering swaths of Himalayan landscape. By Jeff Fuchs
- THE HIMALAYAS. In The Light And On The Trail. Last year, Jill Wheatley wrote in Outpost that a baseball to the head left her almost blind but refusing to be scared as she took to the world’s trails to regain her confidence. Now three years into her mostly-solo journey, we check in on her self-defined mission to conquer the mountains in her mind.
- NORWAY: On The Cusp In The Fleinvaer Archipelago. Remote and isolated, windswept, wild and endlessly open. Think Arctic Norway is an odd destination for an overworked urbanist on the edge of anxiety? Actually, it couldn’t have been more perfect. By Anna Maxymiw
- EUROPE. Adrift On The Continent In Bulgaria. Plovdiv is the oldest continuously-inhabited city in Europe and second-largest in a country shaped by continental empires. Spectacular history, and you can’t beat the meshana skara either! By Ryan Murdock
- SCANDINAVIA. Lines on a Map: Unparalleled Adventures in Modern Exploration. For more than two decades, adventurer Frank Wolf has trekked, kayaked, canoed and cycled around the world. In this excerpt from his book, he follows an old inland Viking route for 800 kilometres across the wilds of Scandinavia and lives to write the tale.
- Excess Baggage: Whereby our super-senior correspondent recalls how the whiffs and wafts of a destination create metamorphic travel memories. By Simon Vaughan
PLUS+ Spread The Word To Win PERU! We’re giving away a spectacular Trip for 2 to Peru!
Travel at its best with Mountain Lodges of Peru’s Salkantay Trek,
as they guide you on 7 exhilarating days hiking the world’s majestic Andes!