The Great Barrier Reef is literally one of the most magnificent natural wonders of the world—it’s been decided! According to the World Wildlife Fund, the reef is home to 1,500 species of fish and 400 species of coral; six of the seven marine turtle species are there; and rarities such as the dugong and snubfin dolphin call it home as well.
It’s a must-see for any nature lover, and worth considering as there’s widespread concern over the reef’s health and long-term survival. (Tourism keeps pressure on the Australian government to ensure environmental protections.)
On this tour you head from Cairns, Australia, for two days on a live-aboard boat, staying in an air-conditioned stateroom. Included are meals and snorkel equipment, instructions from qualified dive-masters and presentations about the reef by a marine biologist. Snorkel at sunrise, sunset and throughout the day at spectacular locations, and be dazzled by the perspective of reef-life via glass-bottom boat.
- Get up close to the most diverse, spectacular underwater sight in the world
- No underwater experience necessary for snorkelling, plus flotation devices are available if necessary
- Tour the reef on a glass-bottom boat if you’d prefer, which give a glimpse of life beneath the water’s surface without having to get wet
- All snorkelling gear is included
- Phone: 011.61.7.4037.2700
- Length/Departs: 2 days / year-round
- Accommodation: Boat
- Price: $450
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate