Get your children hooked on travel early with this extensive eight-day family tour of Cuba, the Caribbean island nation that is emerging in adventure and community tourism.
Suitable for children over the age of eight, the itinerary on this trip offers a perfect mix of culture, activities, family fun and relaxation, and begins with a tour of the capital Havana via one of the classic vintage cars that Cuba is renowned for.
Highlights for the kids might include an introductory salsa class and the search for pink flamingos at Zapata Swamp Park. You will stroll leisurely through the streets of Trinidad, a UNESCO heritage site, and try snorkeling, trekking and nature walks, ziplining and boating, as well as lounging on a Caribbean beach—all while learning about Cuba’s history and great music.
- Step back in history by visiting the site of the last battle of the Cuban revolution and Che Guevara’s mausoleum in Santa Clara
- Trek to the Escambray Mountains to enjoy a verdant trail in Topes de Collantes
- Watch for birds in El Cubano national park before setting off to snap photos over the Bay of Pigs
- Tour Havana in vintage cars and foot, taking in the Cathedral, Plaza de Armas and Plaza Vieja
- Phone: 800.267.3347
- Length/Departs: 8 days / Mar., July-Aug., Oct., Dec.
- Accommodation: Hotels, homestays
- Price: $2,375
- Difficulty: Easy