There are few treks in the world that are more famous and traveller-friendly, more steeped in history and and that cover more incredible mountain wilderness than those that lead to Peru’s legendary Machu Picchu. On this tour you explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas beneath the snow-capped Andean peaks of Salkantay and Ausangate, as you trek through the Urubamba River Valley. Spend time at the archaeological sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo, a village that dates to the 13th century, before arriving at a magnificent Machu Picchu. You will pass turquoise lakes and meet modern-day descendants of the ancient Incas, all while staying in beautiful lodges under Andean peaks.
- Visit authentic food markets where you can find the ingredients you’ll later be eating in traditionally cooked meals cooked under hot stones
- Enjoy a guided archaeological tour of the ruins of Ollantaytambo, including its famous temples and fountains, partway between Cusco and Machu Picchu
- Tailor the tour to your time and budget with options for either a five- or seven-day trip
- Save $250 on this tour with Outpost’s Travel Center!
Mountain Lodges of Peru
- Phone: 877-491-5261
- Length/Departs: 5 or 7 days / Mar–Dec. 2017
- Accommodation: Mountain lodges
- Price: US$2,400 to $3,100 (click here to save $250)
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate