Current Status: Check with operator (link below)
In 1953, on the 500th anniversary of the fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire, the Canadian vocal quartet The Four Lads hit gold with their song “Istanbul (not Constantinople),” after it reached number 10 on the Billboard magazine charts.
Yet it wasn’t the first time Turkey’s largest city hit gold, rich as it is with thousands of years of art, architecture, music and socio-cultural treasures from its time under the rule of the Roman, Byzantine, Latin and Ottoman empires. Straddling two continents across the Bosphorous Straight and widely considered one of the world’s great cities, Istanbul remains a treasure trove for travellers to this day—from ancient labyrinthine streets to elaborate palaces and mosques, bustling markets and bazaars, world-class sports culture and famed cuisine. This four-day stay includes visits to all the main sights and a cruise on the Bosphorous, with time to visit a carpet shop or glimpse a Whirling Dervish.
- Enjoy a full-day city tour of everything you need to see in Istanbul: the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome and the Grand Bazaar.
- Witness carpets woven by hand on the spot at one of the city’s famous carpet shops
- Snap photos of panoramic views from Camlica Hill on the Asian side of Istanbul
- Don’t worry about the details as airport transfers, breakfast and entrance fees are all included
- Phone: 011-90-212-520-0434
- Length/Departs: 4 days / year-round
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Price: $445
- Difficulty: Easy