Bordered by the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean, the jungles of Colombia and of Costa Rica, and bisected by arguably the most famous canal in the world, the legendary isthmus of Panama is made for adventure.
On this tour you will explore thriving Panama City, an international hub with glass skyscrapers, nightclubs and a cobblestoned historic Old City. You will visit coffee plantations and the country’s verdant highlands. Swim, snorkel, paddle or search for turtles in tropical waters, then head to Dolphin Bay for some wild-dolphin watching. You then explore the history and story of the Panama Canal, and end with more fun in Panama City.
- Explore the area around Finca Lerida’s coffee plantation, and enjoy a fresh-roasted tasting tour as you learn about coffee cultivation
- Snorkel around Crawl Cay, where you’ll marvel at the underwater secrets of Bocas del Toro after swimming with dolphins at nearby Dolphin Bay
- Enjoy a full tour of Panama City, including a unique glimpse at the huge boats passing the Panama Canal in Miraflores; the Amador Causeway, connecting three Pacific islands off the city’s southern coast; the colonial quarter of the old city; and the gorgeous cathedrals and homes of colonial Panama
- Customize your own tour by requesting different experiences with the operator—a trip tailored just for you
IDEAL SOUTH AMERICA
- Phone: 800.820.7932
- Length/Departs: 8 days / year-round
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Price: US$1,795
- Difficulty: Easy