Vineyard Horseback Riding in Uruguay | Tour a boutique Uruguayan vineyard on horseback on this leisurely wine-tasting afternoon outside Montevideo.
Current Status: Check with operator
Although lesser known than some of its neighbours, Uruguay is South America’s fourth-largest producer of wine. On this one-day trip you will venture from the capital city of Montevideo to the family-run Los Nadies (translated: “The Nobodies”) boutique winery in Santa Lucia, a small operation with a very high reputation.
You will leisurely tour the vineyards via horseback, learn all about its Tannat and Merlot grapes, as well as the entire wine-making process from the winery’s own enologist. And don’t worry, you’ll top off the tour in style with a classic wine-tasting session.
- Ride on horseback through the Uruguayan vineyards along private trails, far from the bustling metropolis of Montevideo
- Taste the specialty of this winemaker’s two boutique wines
- Arrive back in Montevideo at your leisure, in time to take in a meal and enjoy your evening among the gorgeous colonial architecture
- Phone: 800.344.6118
- Length/Departs: 1 day / year-round
- Accommodation: N/A
- Price: check with operator
- Difficulty: Easy