From Star Wars film sets to volcanoes and rain forests, hidden Mayan cities to scenic colonial towns—if there’s one country that most epitomizes the Central American ethos, it has to be Guatemala.
On this customized trip, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive private tour of Antigua, a UNESCO heritage site that was once the capital of the Kingdom of Guatemala. You’ll trek active volcanoes and relax on the shores of Lake Atitlán. Stop by an organic coffee cooperative, take a rain forest boat along the Rio Dulce, visit the sprawling archaeological Mayan city of Tikal and explore the country’s vast caves—all with your own private car and driver.
- Dive deep into Antigua, a true gem of colonial Latin architecture, naturally set between three stunning volcanoes—which you can trek over the course of your trip.
- Explore the scenic beauty of Lake Atitlán and the Western Highlands before heading north to discover the epic limestone bridge of Semuc Champey, the karst-filled Candelaria Caves and the remnants of the ancient Tikal kingdom.
- Ride a boat alone the Rio Dulce to the Playa Blanca, for swimming in warm Caribbean waters, before landing in Livingston to experience its unique flavours and distinctive multicultural atmosphere, blending African, indigenous and European influences.
Booking Info | SUMAK TRAVEL
- Phone: 844.677.7010
- Length/Departs: 15 days / year-round
- Accommodation: Hotel, eco-lodge, B&B
- Price: Check with operator
- Difficulty: Easy
To learn more about this trip, click here.