Affordability and diversity in a small area are two of the best things about travelling in Southeast Asia—although cuisine is also a strong contender. This guided two-week adventure to Laos and Thailand, both defined by vibrant cultures and thick histories, by spectacular geography (forests and highlands, mountains and coasts) and a welcoming vibe, is no exception.
You fly into iconic Bangkok, then head north to charmingly chaotic Phitsanulok and the historic Thai city of Sukhothai, which stuns with its ancient temples and rebuilt ruins. You haggle in the markets of Chiang Mai, explore Thai hill-tribe life, visit the Golden Triangle and famed Opium Museum, and hang out in Laos’s Luang Prabang. There’s a tuk-tuk ride through the countryside of Vang Vieng and the harrowing COPE Centre to be seen in Vientiane, and so much more—all before circling back to Bangkok for a fantastic city tour.
- Visit Bangkok’s famous Grand Palace, home to the famous Emerald Buddha, as well as ornate architecture famous temples before riding a river taxi along the Chao Phraya River
- Check out Chiang Mai for an authentic Thai cooking class, relaxing massage, muay Thai boxing match and delicious street market
- Marvel at the colonial French architecture lining the Mekong River in Laos, visiting famous temples and lush greenery in the countryside
- An evening of Laos 10-pin bowling with your tour leader and group
- Bicycle tour of Sukhothai Ancient ruins
- Bangkok river boat to the Giant Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho (entrance included), walking back via the Grand Palace (tour of Grand Palace optional)
- Early visit to see Monks collect alms
- Phone: 855.566.8660
- Length/Departs: 15 days / year-round
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Special Tucan Anniversary Sale Price: a from $1,600 to $1,800 CDN (approx. 32% to 16% off regular price)
- Difficulty: Easy