There are a million vacation possibilities in Thailand, but this trip offers an opportunity to give back to people renowned for their warmth and hospitality. Working with Global Vision International, a reputable and experienced volunteer-tourism organization, you will teach English in a school in the country’s idyllic Andaman region.
Surrounded by white-sand beaches and thick jungle, you’ll experience truly authentic Thai life while also helping provide children learn a language skill that can offer advantages later in life. You can also spend your free time exploring caves and local rock formations, and swimming in Thailand’s famous tropical waters.
- Work directly with local schools to teach Thai children, help to alleviate overcrowded classrooms and expose local children to authentic spoken English with a focus on promoting education, equality and global health
- Spend up to 24 weeks in the field, with start dates beginning all year round
- Take advantage of the amazing Andaman sites and scenery on your time off, including Khao Sok National Park, Cheow Larn Lake, hundreds of kilometres of rainforest and nearby Phucket’s world-class beaches
Global Vision International
- Phone: 888-653-6028
- Length/Departs: 14 days minimum, year-round
- Accommodation: GVI Base
- Price: $1,986 (for 14 days)
- Difficulty: Easy