From the stunning vistas of Zion National Park to the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park, this high energy trip to Utah National Parks is the perfect adventure. With stunning hiking, a helicopter tour of Zion, an introduction to canyoneering, and all single rooms, it’s sure to be an experience like none other.
The vast expanses of Zion National Park, in southwestern Utah, showcases Zion Canyon, which cuts through reddish-tan Navajo Sandstone. You’ll get to explore the park’s four life zones: desert, riparian, woodland, and coniferous forest. Kick off your Utah National Park adventure with a hike to Observation Point in Zion. Most hikers go on a challenging four-mile climb, but AdventureWomen has a better way!
From the Zion Ponderosa Ranch, you can take a trail from the park boundary on a more gentle course that winds through the forest to the jaw-dropping view that is Observation Point. In the afternoon, head out on horseback or an ATV to explore the surrounding countryside. Unwind with your group in your luxury vacation home. You’ll share the common areas, but you will have your own private single room with an en-suite bathroom.
You’ll get to spend the next day hiking in Zion National Park. There will be several trail options, but the two most famous (and most challenging!) are sections of the Zion Narrows and Angels Landing. These adventures are strenuous and exciting, treating you to views of hanging gardens and rock faces in the Narrows, and a 360-degree view from the summit of Angels Landing. If you prefer a more moderate trail, there are plenty of equally spectacular options. Kick your tired feet up at the camp fire back at the ranch and enjoy some s’mores with your new friends.
Take an optional exclusive helicopter tour to see Zion’s landscapes from the air. After lunch at a café, spend your afternoon in a harness! Take a rappelling lesson which will prepare you for canyoneering later in the week. Climb the rock wall and try out the exhilarating zip line.
The next day, set out for a full day in Bryce Canyon National Park. Hike the Navajo Loop from Sunset Point into the hoodoos. Soak in the unique surroundings and landscape from the hot tub at the Ranch.
The grand finale of the trip is canyoneering! Canyoneering is a combination of route finding, rappelling, problem solving, swimming, and hiking – the perfect activity for AdventureWomen! Your expert guides will help you make the most of your canyoneering adventure, which is suitable for all levels from beginners to experts.
The expansive vistas and National Parks of Utah in October 2018 are the perfect setting for meeting new friends, exciting challenges, and unforgettable memories!
- Hike to Angels Landing, one of the most stunning views in the west
- Horseback ride through the expansive countryside
- Try canyoneering for the first time, seeing the area from a different angle
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park on foot
- Learn about astronomy as you gaze at the pristine night sky
- Stay in luxury houses on a ranch with all single rooms and ensuite bathrooms
- ATV Ride
- National Parks
- Phone: 800.804.8686
- Length/Depart: 7 days/October 2019 (call for other depart dates)
- Accommodation: hotels
- Price: $3,290
- Difficulty: Moderate but with high energy activity
- Accommodations in single rooms
- All meals as listed in the itinerary
- All transportation throughout the trip
- Transfers from St. George, Utah airport
- All park fees
- All activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Experienced hiking and canyoneering guides
- One AdventureWomen Ambassador
Does Not Include:
- Round-trip airfare
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- Shuttles to/from Las Vegas airport (if needed)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature